The Academy offers a comprehensive range of products and services related to initial and continuing training.
- Recruitment and selection of operational personnel and trainee air traffic controllers
- Initial and continuing training of air navigation services personnel in operations and administration (ATC Training, AIM Training etc.)
- Development of e-learning programs and the associated training materials
- All consulting services concerning training
- Additional services before, during and after training
Air traffic controllers, ATM specialists and air traffic safety electronics personnel are trained on the basis of the DFS ATM Training system (DATS). Its modular structure allows us to flexibly and efficiently react to customer requirements.
All training modules are based on the specifications of the European Air Traffic Management Programme (EATM) and meet the requirements of the EU Directive on a Community air traffic controller licence. The training courses were developed to promote the knowledge, capabilities and interactive behaviour of the participants. All training methods and results are subject to a quality management process. The training documentation was largely standardised in line with the ICAO Trainair programme.
Right from the start of their training, the participants have the opportunity to engage in numerous practical exercises. They can also individually prepare for their future tasks with the help of computer-based training, practical skills training, as well as part-task and simulation exercises.
The staff of the DFS Air Navigation Services Academy will be happy to provide you with information on all issues concerning training, such as:
- An analysis to determine your training requirements
- Concepts for employee development
- Recruitment and selection of air navigation services personnel
- Development and introduction of training concepts and systems
- Design and development of training concepts for radar simulation
- Implementation of quality management systems in training
- Implementation of quality management systems (ISO 9001:2000)
More than 70 training experts impart their knowledge at the DFS Academy. Additionally, we employ a large number of guest instructors and visiting lecturers for our customers, many of whom have gained years of experience in operational air navigation services at DFS or other international air navigation service providers. They use the latest training theories and apply state-of-the art training methods.
The DFS Academy offers the following additional services to make your training as pleasant and effective as possible:
- Full meals as well as snacks in the DFS restaurants and cafeterias
- Conference rooms and catering for events
- Sports facilities, such as a soccer field, a gymnasium and a fitness studio
- Library with internet access for independent study of aviation-related and other topics